With COVID-19, quarantining, and working from home – many individuals have already been able to accomplish their reading goals for the year! If you are still working on yours, don’t worry! Here is a list of the top 39 books to read in 2020 so far! Today I’m going to share with you my personal favorite reads of 2020 and my bookstagram friends favorites as well!
Disclaimer: This blog may include affiliate links, and any purchases made through such links may result in a commission or credit to Curly ‘N Loud at no extra cost to you. All thoughts, opinions, experience, and advice is my own.
My Favorite Reads of 2020
Related: 50+ Must-Read Books by Black Authors
The books listed below are my absolute favorites, and are a must-read before the year is over! I rated these at least four stars and up!
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Road Back To You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- After You by Jojo Moyes – sequel to Me Before You
- Still Me by Jojo Moyes – final book in the Me Before You Trilogy
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- A Burning by Megha Majumdar
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
- The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory – sequel to The Wedding Date
- The Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory – the Wedding Date series
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
Follow me on Goodreads!
Bookstagram’s 2020 Favorite Reads
These books that my friends listed sound amazing!
Quite a few of these I have bought them and haven’t read them yet, BUT INTEND TO! So it’s exciting to see that my Bookstagram friends and community highly recommends them as well…even with all the hype that surrounds these books!
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennet
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- All Adults Here by Emma Straub
- Between The World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré
- Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibañez
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
- The Daevabad Trilogy Series by S. A. Chakraborty
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding by Jennifer Robinson
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
- The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary
- The Last Flight by Julie Clark
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Hollywood Park by Mikel Jollett
- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
- Godshot by Chelsea Bieker
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Daisy Jones and the Sixth by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
What have been your favorite reads this year so far?
Are you on track with your reading goals?
Related: 12 Books to Read This Summer
Featured image by Dominika Roseclay ; Vertical blog graphic image by Polina Zimmerman ;